Only 3 left!
Elizabeth Richards - Sensory Tent
Explore the wonderful possibilities of a light-controlled sensory environment when you introduce a Sensory Tent into your learning space or home.
Excellent when used for sensory light and colour therapy, as the various tent flaps allow adjustment of the light levels in the tent dependent on the needs of the individual.
Combining colour and light therapies activates a person’s neuro-stimuli of proprioception (the awareness of where your body is in space) with their vestibular system (the sense of balance) enabling the brain to enhance itself and develop its cognitive ability.
Sensory lighting works as a complementary therapy, acting as a visual aide that benefits both health and behaviours in children and adults.
Children’s moods in particular are strongly affected by lighting – for some it provides a calming, soothing effect, while for others it acts as a stimulant.
Certain light levels and colours can be beneficial and the ability to control visual stimuli within the space is important.
The Sensory Tent is also great for general dramatic role play, drama, scientific investigation and creative play - truly a versatile and open ended learning resource.
Ages 3+ years.
- The nylon double-skin blocks out the light.
- One entrance with flap and ties to secure flap in the "up" position
- Two windows for observation with ties so that the window flaps may be secured in the "up" position.
- Simple to construct and store.
- 100cm x 100cm x 100cm
- Consists of 12 poles, 8 connectors and den cover in a storage bag.
- Entrance is 45cm diameter.
Not suitable for children under three years old.