The Crunchy Caterpillar is the cousin to our Caterpillar fidget.
It has larger stainless steel beads WITH A DIFFERENCE! They have texture and create a sound and 'crunchy feel' on roll.
It just had its debut at a face to face event and was a MASSIVE hit. We saw squeals of excitement from many and the odd stimming jumps which was just heartwarming! However, for some the texture was icky. You know immediately with this one if its from you. Watch the video on it being used and from that you should know if it is for you or not just by hearing it.
Many rub the cord also. You can push your fingers in between the beads for a similar sensation to the pea popper.
Not suitable for 3 and under as beads can pose a choking risk.
n.b. The antennae needs to pulled every so often to keep knots tight .
These have been effective for those who
- hair twirl or pull
- suffer with trichotillomania
- stim with fabric
- roll Blu-Tac (NOTE : SPEKS range also helpful to replace this also)
- also wonderful for decreasing agitation for those with dementia and anxiety.
We also have this in a necklace version.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences